Leicester Belgrave Gate Primitive Methodist chapel
170 Belgrave Gate, Leicester LE1 3XL
Belgrave Gate Primitive Methodist chapel in Leicester was very close to where the first Primitive Methodist sermon in Leicester was preached by John Benton in 1818, and a chapel was built in 1819 at the corner of George Street and Bedford Street.
Belgrave Gate chapel was opened in 1882, built to replace George Street and was one of the venues used for the 1907 Primitive Methodist Conference in Leicester. It was sold to Leicester Co-operative Society in 1937.
In 2016 it still exists, but is hard to recognise. Its last use was for Leicester Square Rack and Roll Pool Hall and Sports bar.