The chapel was built in 1846 and enlarged in 1848 to accommodate 160 people. Follow this link to see more of the history of this chapel.
Leicester Record Office has the following information about this chapel:
Ref. DE4712: Wigston Magna PM Church/Chapel, Moat Street, 1977-1932/3 (now Cross Street Methodist Church). Also Ref. R228 (DE7267), Wigston Magna PM Sunday School Records, 1916-1920.