The Leicestershire Wolds were a mission field in 1817-18. The first PM meeting in Wymeswold was held on May 7th, 1818 led by John Harrison. It was reported on December 18th 1829 that a chapel was being built, but Richardson found evidence suggesting that it took a year to build. 
The 1839 and 1842 plans show that the services were at 2pm and 6pm
On 31 March 1851 Joseph Roworth, who described himself as manager of the chapel, reported that 40 adults and children had attended the afternoon service, with 20 attending in the evening. The seating accomodation was given as 300.  Joseph Roworth farmed 116 acres, and lived in Brook Street, Wymeswold.
There were re-opening services in 1867, but the 1870’s saw a fluctuation in the number of services planned, and the first plan in 1875 states that special attention is to be paid to re-missioning Wimeswold in the spring. With a number of other chapels, Wymeswold became part of the Sileby circuit in 1879, but the chapel was sold in 1894. By that time none of the Trustees was from the village.
The chapel building eventually became a cheese factory, before demolition in 1989. A photograph of the chapel may be viewed here
 Richardson, S.Y. Methodism in Wymeswold:the first hundred years. Loughborough: Teamprint, 1985 p. 7
 TNA H.O. 129/415/2/12/29