Thrussington Primitive Methodist Chapel, Leicestershire

Thrussington Primitive Methodist Chapel | Ray Young
Thrussington Primitive Methodist Chapel
Ray Young

By 1818 the Primitive Methodists were established in Thrussington holding a weekly service at 2pm each Sunday probably in a cottage before moving to their chapel on Ratcliffe Road on land given by Capt Munro. This chapel remained their home until its closure in 1920. The building was renamed The Pentland Room and was given to the village by Mrs Munro. It continued as the village hall until the present one was opened in 1961, it is now used by the Scouts                                                                                                       From Thrussington: A Village Story - edited by Jennifer Sandys and published by Thrussington Local History Society, 2003

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone