Beaconthorpe Primitive Methodist Chapel, Cleethorpes, Lincs

Opened in 1914

Steve Wild
1913 Beaconthorpe Primitive Methodist Chapel as it was in 1995. It accommodated 530 and a Sunday school was added in 1932.
Keith Guyler 1995

Comments about this page

  • North East Lincolnshire Archives has the following information:

    Beaconthorpe Chapel, Grimsby Road, Cleethorpes, was founded as a mission room in 1889. It was replaced on an adjacent site by a new chapel in 1914. 

    The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:

    • Grimsby Secon Primitive Methodist Circuit 1889-1909
    • Cleethorpes Primitive Methodist Circuit 1909-1933
    • Grimsby Central and Cleethorpes Methodist Circuit 1933-1937
    • Cleethorpes Mill Road Methodist Circuit 1937-1960
    • Cleethorpes Methodist Circuit 1960-1990
    • Grimsby and Cleethorpes Methodist Circuit 1990-

    Ref. 53/601/A/290: Plan dated Oct., 1889, for Primitive Methodist Sunday School on Grimsby Road, Cleethorpes, for the Trustees.

    Ref. 53/601/C/1151: Plan dated Oct., 1910, for Primitive Methodist Church/Chapel on Grimsby Road, Cleethorpes, for the Trustees.

     

    By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella) (09/05/2018)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published.