Benington Sea End Primitive Methodist chapel

Spicer's Lane, Benington Sea End, PE22 0DG

Benington Sea End Primitive Methodist chapel | Keith Guyler 1997
Benington Sea End Primitive Methodist chapel
Keith Guyler 1997

Benington Sea End Primitive Methodist chapel is located at the junction of Sea End Road and Spicer’s Lane. It dates from 1838 and served until 1915. It was sold in 1918 and became Rose Cottage.

location: TF 408461

Comments about this page

  • Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

    Within Boston Primitive Methodist Circuit, 1838-1886, closure 1886?, after re-opening briefly, years 1908, closed 1916, again within same circuit c.1908-1916.

    Ref. Meth/C/Benington, Spicer’s Lane/E/7/1: Correspondence re sale of Chapel, 14 items for period 1907-1918, dated 23rd Oct., 1918.

    Ref. Meth/C/Benington, Spicer’s Lane/C/2/1: Trust Account Book, 1893-1918.

    Ref. Meth/C/Benington, Spicer’s Lane/4/1: Fire Insurance Policy, 1908.

    Ref. Meth/C/Benington, Spicer’s Lane/C/4/2: Workmen’s Compensation Insurance Policy, 1908. 

    By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella) (28/12/2017)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone