Boston, Innocence Street Primitive Methodist Chapel
It is known from documentary sources that the Boston Primitive Methodist Circuit, which was created in 1821, first met in a “room” in Innocent Street (later known as Primitive Place and subsequently King Street) prior to the building of the chapel in George Street in 1839 (PRN 13998). However a Primitive Methodist Chapel is marked in Innocent Street on a map of 1839. The congregation later moved to George Street. (Heritage Gateway)
The National Archives (formerly The Public Record Office) holds the following records:
- Ref. RG 4/1930. Boston, Lincolnshire. Innocence Street Primitive Methodist Baptisms, 1822-1837.