Burnham Primitive Methodist Chapel Lincolnshire
This small chapel was built in 1872 . It is now the village hall.
There was a Primitive Methodist Chapel in Burnham as early as 1836. It was pulled down and today a bungalow stands on the site.
The official opening of the present day chapel took place on March 2nd 1873. There was a small Wesleyan Chapel in the village but this closed when the two societies joined together. It was felt that the Primitive Chapel was architecturally superior. At the same time the word Primitive was erased from the plaque and replaced with the word Burnham.
The chapel closed in 1989. Today it is the village hall.
Photos taken July 2012
OS Map ref:112:SE779021