Crosby Primitive Methodist chapel
Scunthorpe Crosby Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1836.
The chapel in the photograph dates from 1886.
The 1885 Primitive Methodist magazine tells us they were working on a new Primitive Methodist chapel at Crosby in the Winterton circuit to replace the previous old and inconvenient one. They had acquired additional land so could build a chapel more suited to their “active little church”.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1885 page 760