Crowle Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire

Crowle P.M. harvest 1923
Crowle P.M. harvest 1923
1862 Crowle Bourne Primitive Methodist Chapel, empty in 1991 | Keith Guyler 1991
1862 Crowle Bourne Primitive Methodist Chapel, empty in 1991
Keith Guyler 1991

Crowle Primitive Methodists first built a chapel in 1830. This was replaced by the Bourne Chapel, in Cross Street at the corner of North Street, and opened in 1862/3. It closed in 1965 and has since been demolished.

Comments about this page

  • Point of information: The Crowle town website outlines the use of the former chapel as a car showroom after closure, but then that planning permission was granted in 2005 to demolish the chapel building, and for it to be replaced by a terrace of four cottages. Here is where the confusion might arise because the new design reflected the shape of the chapel building, and incorporated the stone from the centre of the chapel. It is though a new build as is evident from the modern appearance.

    By David Leese (15/02/2017)
  • Lincoln Archives:

    Crowle Primitive Methodist Circuit, 1877-1932, ref. Meth/B/Crowle P. (Various documents).

    Registers, ref. Meth/B/Crowle, M/P/1.

     

     

    By Raymond E.O.Ella (19/07/2016)
  • The building has not been demolished. It has been converted into town houses.

    By Bob Evens (25/05/2016)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone