Derrythorpe Primitve Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire

Derrythorpe is a hamlet in the parish of Althorpe.  

The first chapel is identified on the Derrythorpe Tithe Award of 1842-43 as part of the property owned and occupied by John Harsley on Trent Side (“House, buildings, yard & chapel”). In 1868 it was replaced by a new chapel on a site further north along Trent Side, which closed in 1936. 

The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:

  • Scotter Primitive Methodist Circuit pre 1842-1847
  • Epworth Primitive Methodist Circuit 1847-1877
  • Crowle Primitive Methodist Circuit 1877-1932
  • Crowle Methodist Circuit 1932-1936

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following records relating to this chapel:

Ref. Meth/C/Derrythorpe/C/3/1: Promissory re loan year 1904 to the Chapel/Church Trustees. 

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone