East Halton, Town Side Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire
The first Primitive Methodist chapel opened in 1828. It was replaced by a new chapel in Town Side in 1878, which was replaced by the present chapel in 1967.
The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:
- Grimsby Primitive Methodist Circuit 1828-1847
- Barton on Humber Primitive Methodist Circuit 1847-1932
- Barton on Humber Queen Street Methodist Circuit 1932-1942
- Barton on Humber Methodist Circuit 1942-2003
- Barton and Brigg Methodist Circuit from 2003
Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following information relating to this chapel:
Ref. Meth/C/East Halton, Town Side/D/1/1: Conveyance, 6th May (?), 1878.
Ref. Meth/C/East Halton, Town Side/J/3/1: Copy photographs of interior (2) and exterior (2) of PM Chapel.
Ref. Meth/C/East Halton, Townside/Town Side/C/2/1: Trust Account Book, 1878-1919.
https://bartonbriggmethodist.org.uk/east-halton/Ref. Meth/C/East Halton, Town Side/H/5/1: Insurance Policy, 1911.
Ref. Meth/C/East Halton, Town Side/C/2/2: Draft Trust Account Book, 1878-1925.
The current chapel can be viewed by following this link to the Barton and Brigg Methodist Circuit.