Epworth Primitive Methodist Chapel Lincolnshire
The chapel was built in 1883 and was closed in about 1965. The Sunday School was added in 1909
Epworth Chapel is now a ‘One Stop’ food shop. The Sunday School is now a tanning salon called Sun Spot and dress shop called Posh Frock. Both buildings have been sadly painted white.
Photos taken July 2012
OS Map ref:112: SE 776043
Editor’s note (CH 04/2020)
The 1884 Primitive Methodist magazine contains a note of the opening of a “neat and commodious” Primitive Methodist chapel at Epworth. The old chapel would be used as a school room. The new chapel was expected to cost £1,000 of which they had raised £700.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1884 page 125