The 1849 Primitive Methodist magazine includes an account of the opening of a new Primitive Methodist Chapel on Cleethorps (sic) Road, about a mile from the Loft Street chapel, in a “place near the new docks with a dense population of old and young.”
The plot of land cost £130 and the new chapel measured 13′ x 25′. The lettable pews held 80 people with room for another 150 in free sittings.
What became of this chapel?
Primitive Methodist magazine 1849 page 311