Grimsby Stortford Street Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire

Grimsby Stortford Street Primitive Methodist Mission: from an undated paper cutting
provided by Randle Knight
chapels of the Grimsby First circuit
Christian Messenger 1914/55

Stortford Street Mission Chapel was built in 1908, at which time it was within the civil parish of Little Coates. In 1928 Little Coates was absorbed into the Borough of Grimsby. The chapel closed in 1957.

The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:

  • Grimsby First Primitive Methodist Circuit 1908-1932
  • Grimsby Flottergate Methodist Circuit 1932-1957

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln, has the following records relating to this chapel:

Ref. Meth/C/Grimsby, Stortford Street/E/7/1: Accounts in connection with sale of Chapel, 1958.

Ref/ Meth/C/Grimsby, Stortford Street/A/1/1: Baptisms 1914-1932, etc.

Ref. Meth/C/Grimsby, Stortford Street/C/1/1: Trust Minutes Book 1908-1913, also Ref. /C/1/2: 1915-1932, etc.

North East Lincolnshire Archives, Grimsby has the following records relating to this chapel:

Ref. 3/709/394: Littlecoates (Little Coates), Stortford St. New Institute Room at the Primitive Methodist Mission Hall for the Trustees, year 1920.

Ref. 3/709/1511: Plan of the Primitive Methodist School? or Mission Hall, Stortford Street/Hargrave Street, year 1908.

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published.