Harmston Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire
We have identified that there was a Primitive Methodist Chapel at Harmston from information located in the Lincolnshire Archives.
The Lincs to the Past website records that a chapel was first built in 1829. It was not a separate and entire building and was not used exclusively as a place of worship. It was replaced by a new chapel in 1857 which closed around 1875. The location is not currently known.
The following records are available at the Lincolnshire Archives.
Ref. Meth/C/H/Primitive/E/7: Chapel & Sunday School, building repairs, alterations, closure and sale.
Ref. Meth/C/H/Primitive/D/2: Trustees, Chapel Registration & Deeds (Title to property).
The chapel was in the Lincoln Primitive Methodist Circuit from 1829-1870. It was then in the Lincoln First Circuit until it closed.