Hogsthorpe Bethel Primitive Methodist chapel
Mill Lane, Hogsthorpe PE24 5NF
Hogsthorpe is south east of Alford. Hogsthorpe Bethel Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1836, although the society had met in a rented property before this. The society had 15 members in 1825 and only 7 in 1831 but by 1837 it had 25. Preachers at the opening included John Stamp. It is described by John Coulson in the Primitive Methodist magazine.
The original chapel measured 22′(w) x 33′(l) but was enlarged with the addition of a Sunday school in 1899.
It was closed in 1934, just after Methodist Union and in 1935 was sold for commercial use.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1837 page 435