Holbeach Bank Primitive Methodist chapel
Roman Bank, Holbeach Bank PE12 8DS
Holbeach Bank Primitive Methodist chapel dates initially from 1835 with a replacement chapel from 1864.
The chapel served until 1971 when it was replaced by Holbeach Clough St Martins Anglican / Methodist.
On Google Street View in 2009 there is no sign of it at its location, at the junction of Star Lane and Roman Bank.
There is an account by James Lucas in the Primitive Methodist magazine of the opening of the first Holbeach Bank Primitive Methodist chapel on November 8th 1835. The preacher at the opening was Rev. John Richards.
The chapel which “stands in a good situation” measured 16′ 6″ wide by 30′ long.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1836 p.346