Horkstow Primitive Methodist chapel
Chapel Lane Horkstow DN18 6BQ
Horkstow Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1860 and served until 1969. After closure it was converted into a cottage.
T Kendall tells us about the opening in the Primitive Methodist magazine of March 1861. Preachers included Rev. J. Hoyle (Independent), of Barton, Rev. T. Kendal, J. Austerbury, B. Stansfield, E. Dixon and Rev. J. Bywater, of Kirton.
The Contractors for the building which measured 28′ x 20′ and seated 100 were Usher and Stamp. It cost £105 with £40 raised by the time of opening. The rest was borrowed on note at 4.5% interest.
Primitive Methodist magazine March 1861 page 168