Ingham Primitive Methodist chapel
The Green, Ingham LN1 2XT
Ingham Primitive Methodist chapel on The Green dates from 1834. The opening services on 06/07/1833 & 07/07/1833 were described by Henry Sharman in the Primitive Methodist magazine. Opening sermons were preached by Brother and J Butcher Mr A Coulson. The neatly finished chapel was crowded to excess. In the building, local farmers contributed the free carriage of materials and Miss Mary Lingard gathered in £10.
Within two years the chapel was too small (18′(w) x 25′(l) x 11′ (h)) for the congregations and was extended. The re-opening services were described by John Garner in the Primitive Methodist magazine. The re-opening services took place on 10th April 1836 when John Garner was the preacher. They were optimistic, considering the chapel to have “promising prospect“.
It served until amalgamation with the Wesleyans in 1933, after which it became Chapel House.
location: SK 947834
Primitive Methodist magazine 1834 p.464
Primitive Methodist magazine 1836 p.427