Legbourne Primitive Methodist chapel
Chapel Lane Legbourne LN11 8LW
The first Legbourne Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1834. Its opening is described by John Wright in the Primitive Methodist magazine. Preachers at the opening on 24th August 1834 were J Butcher and John Wright. William Byron of North Reston gave the land for the chapel.
The 1834 chapel served until 1892 when it was replaced by a second chapel with Sunday school. The note in the Primitive Methodist magazine tells us very little, except that it was in the Louth circuit and they had raised over half of the cost.
The 1892 chapel closed in 1983. On Google Street View in 2009 it is a rather elegant house.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1835 p.190
Primitive Methodist magazine Jan 1893 page 60