Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following records relating to this chapel:
Ref. MLI197683: Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lutton Bank, Lutton Marsh.
Lincs to the Past describes the chapel as follows:
The chapel is indicated on the 1931 Ordnance Survey County Series map. One of the eroded foundation stones suggests that it was built in the early 20th century but is unclear. An earlier Primitive Methodist chapel is known to have been built in Lutton in 1834 according to documentary sources. This current building may have replaced that chapel, though it appears to have had two cells on the county map. The smaller cell, which no longer exists, may possibly have been the earlier chapel. The chapel was in use as an outlet for church vestments from 1973 until October 2009. It now appears to be disused. The extant chapel is built of red brick with stone dressings and a gabled roof with modern tiles. The south-east gable is raised and a modern portakabin now adjoins this rendered elevation. The broad front elevation has five bays with a central doorway flanked by flat-headed casement windows with stone sills and lintels. The original doorway is obscured by a modern porch, but a moulded, flat, stone hood resting on stone brackets belonging to the original doorway is visible above. The original iron railings and gate survive
Follow the above link to Lincs to the Past to view pictures of the building.
Thanks to David Secker who remembers this chapel well for pointing out inaccuracies in the Lincs to the past website. “The description and photos on “Lincs to the Past” are of the 1929 Sunday schoolroom and not the chapel of 1872/3. Comments on Lincs to the Past have highlighted this error but the main entry has not been changed.
The early Lutton Primitives met in the house of a Mr Broughton until a small chapel was built in 1834, the site believed to be the plot at the junction of Lowgate and Lutton Bank. This was replaced by a new-build in 1872/3 on the same plot. The address of the new chapel was generally given as Lowgate. A schoolroom was added in 1929 at a cost of £500 and built by James Walford of Long Sutton, the foundation stone being laid by James Blndell MP.
Both chapel and schoolroom closed in 1962 and remained unused until 1965 when the chapel was demolished and the schoolroom sold (this is now a private dwelling).
The Lutton PM Society had members in Lutton Marsh who met in a house, and then a barn from around 1925. They formed the Lutton Marsh New Site Committee with the intention of building a chapel. This was realised in 1936 on the opening of a small edifice at the crossroads of Guys Head Road and Marsh Road. The foundation stone was laid by Sir Richard Winfrey (former MP). However, the completion of the building came soon after union so was not strictly ‘Primitive’. This chapel is still open.