North Thoresby, High Street, Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire
Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following records relating to this chapel:
The first Primitive Methodist chapel was built in 1835. It was replaced by a new chapel on High Street in 1916 which was destroyed by a Lancaster bomber which crashed on to it in 1943.
The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:
- Grimsby Primitive Methodist Circuit 1835-1868
- Tetney Primitive Methodist Circuit 1868-1932
- Tetney Methodist Circuit 1932-1933
- Grimsby Central and Cleethorpes Methodist Circuit 1933-1937
- Cleethorpes Mill Road Circuit 1937-1943
Ref. Meth/C/North Thoresby, High Street/D/3: Letter re sale of Sunday School/Hall, surviving 1943 air crash and sale in 1978.
Ref. Meth/C/North Thoresby, High St.,/G: Society & Leaders.