Messingham High Street Primitive Methodist chapel

High Street Messingham DN17 3RS

Messingham High Street Primitive Methodist chapel | Keith Guyler 1997
Messingham High Street Primitive Methodist chapel
Keith Guyler 1997

Messingham High Street Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1822. The chapel in the photograph was opened in 1846 and a Sunday school was added in 1871. It served until 1951.

After closure it was sold in 1953 and was used as a garage. By the time of Keith Guyler’s photograph it was unused. 

By the time of Google Street View in 2009 it had been replaced by a newly built Co-op shop.

Comments about this page

  • Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

    Ref. Meth/C/Messingham, High St./H/4: Sunday School Account Book, 1907-1932, etc., also Sunday School Teachers Minutes 1907, 1909-1911, 1924, 1926, etc.

    Ref. MLL1378: Photograph year 1906. Crowd assembled outside Messingham Primitive Methodist Chapel for stone laying ceremony, new Sunday School. Women and girls in tall hats, some men in bowler hats.

    By Raymond E.O.Ella (16/03/2018)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone