Scunthorpe: New Frodingham & Brumby Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire
Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following records relating to this chapel:
Ref. Meth/C/B?: New Frodingham & Brumby Primitive Methodist Chapel (also listed New Brumby Primitive Methodist Chapel).
Ref. Meth/C/New Brumby/I/9/1: Notes re Bazaar, other fund raising events, 1924 & 1925.
The first chapel (originally known as New Frodingham and Brumby chapel) was built on Cottage Beck Road in 1877.
It was replaced by a new chapel on the same site in 1965 which closed in 1998.
In 1998 it was converted into The Forge Project social centre.
The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:
- Winterton Primitive Methodist Circuit 1877-1895
- Scunthorpe Primitive Methodist Circuit 1895-1932
- Scunthorpe Second Methodist Circuit 1932-1934
- Scunthorpe and Winterton Methodist Circuit 1934-1959
- Scunthorpe Methodist Circuit 1959-1998