Orby Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire
Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following records regarding this chapel:
Ref. MLI43718: Orby Primitive Methodist Chapel, Gumby Rd.,built 1837 to seat 103, closed c.1890. Thought to have been demolished, but on O.S. Maps early 20th century a Chapel of the Plymouth Brethren is cited on Gumby Rd.
The listing suggests a possible use by a PB congregation post-1890.*
The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:
Louth Primitive Methodist Circuit 1837-1847
Alford Primitive Methodist Circuit 1847 – late 19C
* When we were in Norfolk we found-out that many people of the Plymouth Brethren in Norfolk and other parts of England had emigrated to Australia in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, where their church is thriving, but also there are groups of the Brethren we are aware of in Norfolk, their Peaceful foundation having started in Plymouth.