Osgodby Eastgate Primitive Methodist chapel
Main Street, Osgodby LN8 3TA
Osgodby is in the parish of Kirkby cum Osgodby. Osgodby Eastgate Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1842 and served until 1962.
In 1860 there were improvements, described by Thomas Whittaker in the Primitive Methodist magazine. “For about twenty years we have had a small chapel at this village. Last winter God poured out His Spirit, and several souls were converted. With the improved condition of the society, a desire arose to improve the chapel, which had a brick floor, and was damp and uncomfortable. The matter was taken up, and the work begun. We have made the chapel seven feet longer, put in a boarded floor, and elevated pews at one end. We have seventy letable seats, and thirty free. The writer and Mr. Campsey preached the re-opening sermons, July 29th and August 5th. On the 6th August, Mr. Newsome, from Scotter, and Mr. Packet (Free Methodist), assisted at our tea-meeting ; T. Randall, Esq., in the chair. The cost of the enlargement will be about £45, towards which we shall raise about £25.”
After closure it became used as a garage and store.
Primitive Methodist magazine October 1860 page 620