Sleaford Westgate Primitive Methodist chapel
West Gate Sleaford NG34 7PU
The first Sleaford Westgate Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1841 and was west of the Marquis of Granby. Keith Guyler’s notes with his photograph say “S School 1835”. At the time of his photograph it is two houses.
There is an account in the Primitive Methodist magazine of the opening of the chapel on November 8th 1840. The description is transcribed below.
The replacement 1907 chapel was built opposite the first chapel and had a manse at the back. It was demolished in 1964 and a telephone exchange built on the site.
location 1841 chapel: 065458
location 1907 chapel: 064458
Primitive Methodist magazine April 1841 page 129-130