Springthorpe Primitive Methodist chapel

Hill Road Springthorpe DN21 5PY

the former Springthorpe Primitive Methodist chapel | Keith Guyler 1995
the former Springthorpe Primitive Methodist chapel
Keith Guyler 1995

The first Springthorpe Primitive Methodist chapel on Chapel Lane dates from 1831 and was replaced in 1898.  This second chapel served until 1973 and after closure it became a house.

location: 876896

 

Comments about this page

  • There’s a brief account from 1861 (Primitive Methodist magazine November 1861 page 686) of the enlargement and improvement of the 1831 chapel. It was lengthened to hold larger congregations.

     

     

    By Christopher Hill (12/04/2018)
  • Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

    Ref. Meth/C/Springthorpe/E/4/1: Chapel Site Plan, 1897.

    Ref. Meth/C/Springthorpe/E/4/2: Architectural Plan of Chapel, 1897/8.

    Ref. Meth/C/Springthorpe/C/2/1: Trust Account Book, 1899-1932/3, etc.

    Ref. Meth/C/Heapham/J/4/5: Newspaper Cuttings, a mention of the Primitive Methodists, Springthorpe, 7 items, 1901-1914. 

    Ref. Meth/C/Springthorpe/C/2/2: Trust Account, 1901-1903. Minutes, 1896-1932/3, etc

    Ref. Meth/C/Springthorpe/D/1/1: Solicitor’s Account re Chapel Site, 1897.

    Ref. MLI87237: PM Chapel, built 1898, Springthorpe, replacing one on Chapel Lane, built 1831. Short History.

    Ref. ML97869: Original PM Chapel built 1831. Short History.

    • Scotter PM Circuit 1831-1864.
    • Gainsborough PM Circuit 1864-1932/3.
    By Raymond E.O.Ella (13/01/2018)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone