Waddingham Primitive Methodist chapel
Silver Street Waddingham DN21 4SJ
The first Waddingham Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1835.
This building was replaced by a new chapel on the same site in 1859 and a Sunday school added in 1865. The 1859 opening was described in the Primitive Methodist magazine by E Tyas, one of the preachers at the opening which started on 31st July 1859. Other speakers were J Garton (Hull) and A Beanland (Lincoln). Mr Hollingsworth supervised the work; Mrs Dawber was very generous in her donation. The chapel cost £177.
This chapel was demolished in 1992 because repairs were too costly and the former schoolroom was converted into a chapel.
The cross which hangs in the current chapel was made using timbers from the 1859 chapel.
It is still active in 2015
Primitive Methodist magazine November 1859 page 684