Wainfleet Bank, Lincolnshire
Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has he following records relating to this chapel.
Wainfleet Bank Primitive Methodist Chapel was within Alford PM Circuit up to 1916, and Skegness PM Circuit 1916-1932/3.
Ref. Meth/C/Wainfleet Bank, Primitive/C: Trust & Committees.
Ref. Meth/C/Wainfleet Bank, Primitive/H: Sunday School.
Ref. Meth/C/Wainfleet Bank, Primitive/G.
Follow this link to see a picture of the chapel. The building is Grade II listed.
Editor’s note [CH]: The Primitive Methodist magazine of 1839 includes an account by Jeremiah Gilbert of the opening of Wainfleet Bank Primitive Methodist chapel on September 18th 1838. Involved in the opening were J Gilbert, W Leeke, Mr Tennant, Mrs M Simpson, Mrs H Simpson and Brother A F Beckerlegge.
For 5 years previously a society had met here – in Mr Whitehead’s barn in the summer but they had no winter meeting place. Mrs Thornally offered her garden if her landlord would sell it .He gave the society as much land as they needed to build a chapel.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1839 page 460-461