Walesby Primitive Methodist chapel

Rasen Road, Walesby LN8 3UW

1903 Walesby Primitive Methodist chapel | Keith Guyler 1999
1903 Walesby Primitive Methodist chapel
Keith Guyler 1999

Walesby Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1903 and served until 1970.

It was sold in 1975. The building is now a house (Chapel House), and has been considerably altered. The original roof-line is still visible in the gable end of the building, which has been raised.

location: TF 133 923

Comments about this page

  • The chapel was built c.1903, replacing previous PM Chapel elsewhere in the village (site not known). The chapel is now a private home and has been modernised, e.g., new roof, etc,  and is now called Chapel House.

    Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following records relating to this chapel:

    Ref. Meth/C/Walesby, Primitive/D/1/1(?): Memorandum of Agreement for construction of the Chapel, year 1903.

    Ref. Meth/C/Walesby, Primitive/D/1/2: Equitable Mortgage/Deed, year 1907.

    Ref. Meth/C/Walesby, Primitive/E/7: Closure & Sale.

    There are other documents for this former PM Chapel.

    Ref. MLI87151: This has a short history on the PM Chapel and a picture of how it looks now, a private house.

    By Raymond E.O.Ella (04/12/2017)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone