Waltham Primitive Methodist Chapel, nr Grimsby, Lincolnshire

In the Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln, we have identified a former Primitive Methodist Chapel at Waltham (near Grimsby). 

The following are available at Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. Meth/C/Waltham/ Primitive/C:  Waltham, Cheapside, Primitive Methodist Chapel, built 1845, Trust and Committees.

Ref. Meth/C/W, Primitive/D:Trustees.

Meth/C/W,Primitive/D/4/1: Renewal of Trust: list of Trustees.

We are wondering what became of the Chapel after unification. 

Comments about this page

  • North East Lincolnshire Archives, Grimsby:

    Ref. 63/601/695: Waltham: Alterations to Primitive Methodist Chapel – owner, Trustees of the PM Chapel. Building Plan. Date 2nd Oct., 1922.

    By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella) (05/01/2018)
  • The Lincs to the Past website records that Waltham PM Chapel was built in 1845. It belonged to the Grimsby Primitive Methodist Circuit between 1845 and 1868. It was then in the Tetney Primitive Methodist Circuit between 1868 and 1933. In 1933 the chapel became part of the Grimsby Central and Cleethorpes Methodist Circuit. It was closed in 1933.

    By Geoff Dickinson (22/11/2017)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone