A village and civil parish taking its name from a former ancient chapelry dedicated to St Katherine [sic].
Little found regarding the PM chapel except it opened 19th February 1836 and closed 1855 (the Free Methodist opening at this time). Not included in the 1851 Census of Religious Worship. Press reports of PM activities here in the early C20th must refer to the neighbouring chapel in the outlying area of Whaplode Fen ( – built 1904 and listed separately on this website. There was a gap of 50 years between its closing and the opening of the Fen chapel. Location and fate of building not known.
List of Chapels in the Holbeach Methodist Circuit Past & Present (C. Shepherdson 1998)