Whaplode Fen Primitive Methodist chapel in Keith Guyler’s picture dates from 1905. It served until 1956.
At the time of his photograph and on Google Street View in 2009 it was derelict. By 2022 much of the building had collapsed.
There is an account by James Lucas of the opening of a Primitive Methodist chapel at Whatlode in the Holbeach branch of the Wisbech circuit – which may be the forerunner of the chapel at Whatlode Fen.
The foundation stone was laid in November 1835 and the opening services took place on 19th and 21st February 1836. John Bembridge and Bro. Tetley preached. The first attempts to build a chapel met with many persecutions “but the prospects are now encouraging“.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1836 p.347