Yaddlethorpe Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire
Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following records relating to this chapel:
The first Primitive Methodist chapel was built on Moorwell Road 1832.
It was replaced by a new chapel on the opposite side of the road in 1874 which was struck by lightning in 1957 and had to be demolished.
This was replaced by a new chapel on the same site which was built in 1967.
The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:
- Scotter Primitive Methodist Circuit, 1832-1932
- Scotter Methodist Circuit, 1932-1937
- Brigg and Scotter Methodist Circuit, 1937-1954
- Scunthorpe Trinity Methodist Circuit, 1954-1959
- Scunthorpe Methodist Circuit 1959-2010
- Epworth and Scunthorpe Methodist Circuit 2010-
Ref. LCL/5300: Article of Agreement for Conveyance, 21st Sept., 1833, re Primitive Methodist Chapel, Yaddlethorpe, to include James Alcoft (or Alcroft), yeomen, a Primitive Methodist.
Follow this link to pictures by Francis Frith to view a picture of the chapel circa 1955.
Follow this link to the church website to see a picture of the 1967 chapel and map showing the location of the chapel.