Yaddlethorpe Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following records relating to this chapel:

The first Primitive Methodist chapel was built on Moorwell Road 1832. 
It was replaced by a new chapel on the opposite side of the road in 1874 which was struck by lightning in 1957 and had to be demolished. 
This was replaced by a new chapel on the same site which was built in 1967.

The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:

  • Scotter Primitive Methodist Circuit, 1832-1932
  • Scotter Methodist Circuit, 1932-1937
  • Brigg and Scotter Methodist Circuit, 1937-1954
  • Scunthorpe Trinity Methodist Circuit, 1954-1959
  • Scunthorpe Methodist Circuit 1959-2010
  • Epworth and Scunthorpe Methodist Circuit 2010-

Ref. Meth/C/Yaddlethorpe.

Ref. LCL/5300: Article of Agreement for Conveyance, 21st Sept., 1833, re Primitive Methodist Chapel, Yaddlethorpe, to include James Alcoft (or Alcroft), yeomen, a Primitive Methodist.

Follow this link to pictures by Francis Frith to view a picture of the chapel circa 1955.

Follow this link to the church website to see a picture of the 1967 chapel and map showing the location of the chapel.

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone