Cubitt Town Primitive Methodist chapel
Manchester Road Cubitt Town E14 3NE
Cubitt Town Primitive Methodist chapel stood on the west side of Manchester Road, close to the junction with Glengall Grove, where Cubitt Town Primary School is located.
The original Jubilee chapel building dates from 1862. It was rebuilt in 1904-5, just in time for the Primitive Methodist Conference when it was held in London in 1908. There is a good description of the chapel in British History Online – see below. The school accommodation was in the lower storey with the worship area above.
The church was demolished in 1978, at a cost to Poplar Methodist Mission of £2,200
Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs accessed through British History Online February 17th 2016