Hackney Wick Primitive Methodist chapel was opened by the Vice President of conference in 1888. It replaced an iron chapel in Brookfield Street. The new chapel was Gothic in style and seated 600 people.
The chapel was formerly in the Hackney station but at its opening was under Rev JS Porter, the energetic superintendent of the Bow station.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1888 October page 635