Penallt Primitive Methodist chapel
Penallt, Monmouthshire NP25
Penallt is south of Monmouth. In the early 1900s, The Primitive Methodist Circuit consisted of Monmouth, Broad Oak, Penallt, Newton Common and Gwern-y-Saint, and had its minister in Monmouth.
The former Penallt Primitive Methodist chapel shown in the picture was erected in 1864, although a Primitive Methodist chapel in Penallt erected in 1839 is listed in the 1851 Religious Census with an attendance in the afternoon of 25 and 35 in the evening. William Richards was Society Steward.
The chapel was converted to a house well before 1989, the date of the photograph.