Bardolph Fen (Barroway Drove) Primitive Methodist chapel
Cuckoo Road, Barroway Drove
The foundation stone for Bardolph Fen Primitive Methodist chapel, in the Downham Market circuit was laid by G Russell on July 1st 1868 and the chapel was opened on September 20th and 21st. Celebrations at each ceremony included tea – at the opening it was for 140 and was “sumptuous”. The ministers were ES Shields and W Thomsett and speakers included Messrs Harpley, B Redhead, Goddard, Collins, Rolfe, Horn, Robb, Wrigley and Rev C Bentley. The architect was J Rolfe.
The memorial stone included a cavity for a box of Connexional goodies. The chapel was 36’ long x 22’ wide.
The article didn’t tell us where the chapel was or what happened to it. See David Secker’s comment below for the solution.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1869 page 109