Caston Primitive Methodist chapel

The Street Caston NR17 1DD

Caston Primitive Methodist chapel
Keith Guyler 1988
Interior of Caston Chapel
postcard from the collection of Revd Steven Wild

Caston Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in 1878 and closed in the 1980s. A school room and coal store was added in 1924 at the rear of the chapel and at right angles to it.

At the time of Keith Guyler’s photograph it was a house.

There is further information about the chapel on the Caston village website. It suggests that the chapel had initially belonged to the Wesleyans and had been transferred to the Prims.

location: 953960


Caston online, the village website accessed 28th August 2015

Comments about this page

  • A wonderful picture of the interior of the chapel has been added to this page. It shows a very plain and simple square design, with the pulpit, Bible and harmonium in central place, typical of early Primitive Methodist chapels.

    By Jill Barber (26/03/2019)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published.