Catfield Primitive Methodist chapel
Church Road Catfield NR29 5AS
Catfield Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in 1836. It was enlarged in 1859 and extended in 1913.
The Primitive Methodist magazine of May 1860 describes the enlargement at that time. The enlargement cost £120 and included raising the roof, adding a gallery and a pediment at the front and stuccoing the walls.
William and John Riches collected £75 (including £21 from a wealthy Yarmouth merchant) and Miss C Balls gave a pulpit cushion.. Rev J Venimore (Baptist) and T Lowe preached at the opening.
The chapel is built of rendered brick and a hipped slate roof. There is a tablet in the gabled parapet with the dates ‘1826-1929’
It is still active in August 2015.
Primitive Methodist magazine May 1860 page 304