The 1879 Primitive Methodist magazine tells us they were working on a new Primitive Methodist chapel at North Heigham in the Norwich station to replace the previous “inconvenient room”. The plan was to build the church first with £1,000 and add school etc when funds permitted.
Although the name is spelled differently, the 1879 Primitive Methodist magazine contains a note of the opening of a new Primitive Methodist chapel at Heyham in the Norwich station. It is the fifth chapel the Connexion has in Norwich, and Heyham is a densely populated area, It cost £1,200 of which they planned to raise half.
The 1886 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel at the junction of Nelson Street and Armes Road. In 2020 it is still active as a church – Alive!
Primitive Methodist magazine 1879 page 60
Primitive Methodist magazine 1879 page 637