Northwold Primitive Methodist chapel, King's Lynn

High St, Northwold IP26 5NF

Northwold Primitive Methodist chapel, King's Lynn | Richard Jennings
Richard Jennings
Northwold Primitive Methodist chapel | Keith Guyler 1988
Northwold Primitive Methodist chapel
Keith Guyler 1988

Northwold Primitive Methodist chapel opened in 1871 and a Sunday school was added in 1906. It served until the 1970s.

At the time of Keith Guyler’s photograph in 1988 it was an unused store. Google Street View in 2009 shows it as Northwold Tile Centre.

Just to complicate matters, on the geograph website there is a chapel labelled “Primitive Methodist Chapel, Northwold” which is an unused store. The grid reference it cites is labelled on the 1884 1:2,500 Ordnance Survey map as that of the Wesleyan chapel. It also looks very different to the chapel in Keith Guyler’s photograph.

location: TF 752973 


Reference

geograph website accessed 12th September 2015

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone