Stiffkey Primitive Methodist chapel
Wells Road, Stiffkey, Wells-next-the-Sea NR23 1QH
There is a Primitive Methodist chapel in North Norfolk in the village of Stiffkey. It is sited in Wells Road.
When was it built? It appears on Ordnance Survey maps between 1887 and 1904. The 1887 map shows an earlier chapel. It is on the southern side of Wells Road a few yards further west. Does anything remain of that earlier chapel?
Street View in 20008 -2011 shows it in use as an antiques shop. In 2014 its use is not clear. Still recognisable as a chapel, it retains the outline of its inscribed stone over the door, but the lettering has been obliterated.