Wood Dalling Primitive Methodist chapel
Heydon Road, Wood Dalling, NR11
Wood Dalling Primitive Methodist chapel was opened on Sunday 8th August 1830 by R Key and G Tetley who described it in the 1831 Primitive Methodist magazine (page 104).
The land was given by Mr Jos. Reynolds and the new chapel measured 18′(w) x 25′(l)
In the notes which accompany Keith Guyler’s photograph, the origins of Wood Dalling Primitive Methodist chapel are linked to 1836 and 1860 (with a question mark) as well as 1830.
At the time of Keith Guyler’s photograph it appears to be in use. However, Norfolk Heritage Explorer reports a 2009 planning application to turn the former Methodist chapel in Heywood Road, Wood Dalling into a holiday let. It is described as “a small wayside building of rendered brickwork.”
location: TG 101275
Primitive Methodist magazine 1831 page 104