The 1881 Primitive Methodist magazine contains an account of the laying of the foundation stones for a new Primitive Methodist chapel at Pytchley in the Wellingborough circuit.. For 45 years they have held services in cottages, but eventually secured a plot of land.
The picture of the chapel is from an undated postcard. However, on the back is written, “inscribed on the back: ‘This chapel used to stand about midway along the straight section of Lower End, which lies between its first bend and the junction with Orlingbury Road. It is no longer there.’ Stone above the door has the date 1880.”
The 1900 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel on what was then called Bottom End and is now Lower End. There is postwar housing on the site in 2019
Primitive Methodist magazine 1881 page 60