Northampton Far Cotton Primitive Methodist Chapel

Henley Street NN4 8HQ

Northampton Far Cotton Primitive Methodist Chapel

The 1888 Primitive Methodist magazine notes the laying of the memorial stones for a new chapel in Far Cotton, Northampton..  It was expected to hold 200 worshippers

The 1889 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel on Henley Street. Henley Street ran north – south from Letts Road northwards as far as  Main Road. The chapel was towards the southern end on the western side. It is not labelled on the 1927 map and on the 1937 map it is labelled ‘hall’. On the 1963 map it is labelled ‘works’. On the 1978 plan only the building footprint is shown.

Henley Street no longer exists.  The area of terraced housing has been comprehensively redeveloped as an industrial estate.

Reference

Primitive Methodist magazine September 1888 page 571-572

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *