Northampton Kettering Road Primitive Methodist Chapel, Northamptonshire
Kettering Road Primitive Methodist Chapel and school were built in 1880 at a cost of £5423. The chapel seated 800 (550 lettable and 250 free) and the school 400. By 1940 the chapel seating had been reduced to 596 sittings in pews And there was a schoolroom and eight other rooms.In 1960 it merged with Queen’s Road to form Queensgrove using this site. There are a photographs of the exterior and interior of this building in the Handbook for the Primitive Methodist Church Conference at Northampton in 1918.
Northamptonshire Record Office, NMC194, Handbook for the Primitive Methodist Church 1918 Conference, front cover and title page.
Northamptonshire Record Office, NMC190, Second, later Kettering Road, Circuit Trust schedules, 1887/8 -1908/9
Northamptonshire Record Office, NMC426, The Northampton Commission, 1963
Site visit 10 July 2019